Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Farewell To Mallie Nichols

I never got the opportunity to say goodbye to a friend who I learned passed away last year. I just happened to be in Louisville, when a mutual friend informed me that Mrs. Mallie had died. Mallie was from Muskegon, Michigan, and had married a preacher, Rev. Luke Nichols, who had been recently widowed.

Mallie had a lot of energy. I had invited her to speak at a Women's meeting, and she came with a huge entourage. Her followers were very loyal to her, and protective. When I jokingly said, "okay Mallie you are in my life now", one of her members said, " Uh, uh, I was here first."

Mallie was a dynamic speaker, and a good listener during a time I needed one. In all my travels and hustle and bustle of life, she had been gone eight months before I knew it.

You have been on my mind Mallie, and I just needed to get it into writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment